Friday, July 5, 2013

Loas, Chang Mai, New Delhi, Rishikesh and Bangkok. 7/6-30/6

So I arrived into Laos at Vientienne after a 20hr bus ride and then headed out on another one to Luang Prabang. Upon arriving into Luang Prabang I met up with four girls travels, three in a group and one traveling alone, and we all grouped up and found a place to stay while getting to know each other. We found a place just in the town and right next to the river for 3us splitting it a room a night. My face and shoulder at the time were looking much better and a lot of the swelling went down but the twisting and broken lookingness stayed. We hung out for a couple days checking out the markets, the waterfall, and the small amazingly beautiful city filled with some of the nicest people I've met besides the Balinese culture. We all then parted ways and I headed to Chiang Mai on another overnight bus for 20us. I got there and rented a scooter to check out the city, get my stitches taken out for 10us, and see the Tiger Temple. The Tiger temple was amazing because I got to play with a 3 month year old tiger for about 10 minutes and he was the cutest thing ever. Overall I thought it was sad though to see such beautiful in cages and what some people say are drugged. 
I then hoped on a overnight train to Bangkok for 271bt, 8us, that was on a bench and had a great sleep to arriving back in Bangkok. I then realized that my window to fix my shnoze was limited to I booked a flight out that same day to India, where I was eventually heading, and arrived thinking wow this metro train from the airport to the city is really nice. Got out of the metro and into the city and was like WOW. People sleeping on the ground, dirty streets, millions of smells, and craziness because I was at New Delhi train station. I made it across the station and to a hotel where I hung out for 15us a night for a couple days while finding a referral plastic surgeon to put my nose back into place. Got surgery the following day then headed out to Rishikesh for some R and R. At the time I didn't really know that 50km up from rishikesh there was some very dangerous floods that killed about 50,000 India citizens and happened to see some on the side of the ganga. I then walked around the city a couple times talking to some individuals here and there because everyone couldn't keep their eyes off me or asking me what happened to me because I had a nose cast. I then decided its time to get back to Delhi for a final checkup and my visa was running out as well. After getting the check up I was on the metro and about to head to the airport when my phone got yanked out of my pocket while I was exiting and listening to music covering my face with my hands because I just got my cast off. I was pretty bummed but luckily had everything backed up except the contacts(. I then got on my flight back to Bangkok and hung out there for a couple days with a new friend, Keely Goldberg, I met on the Ko Phi Phi to Krabi flyer earlier in the trip and she was very nice to take me around to places I didn't see before and let me stay at her very nice apartment.

Some thoughts:
You'll find me wearing a mask, sunglasses, and a hat listening to music blocking the craziness of India that turned into one of the most recovering and healing places I've been so far. 90% of India's people are very nice and down to earth to the T reminding you how lucky life is by just being happy with who you are and not what you have. 
The expression: "Bangkok has him now" doesn't mean that you died in Bangkok it means that the city is so cheap and cool that you end up living there. Right now there is so many buildings being built, the five story multi-malls themselves have anything you want, and your at the center of traveling all around SE Asia for dirt cheap, so why wouldn't you want to live there. 

Some thoughts along the way:
We grow up so used to our own reality that we forget how others live theirs. When it comes down to it, we need nothing but our own mind and well being to survive in this life.
Materials, possessions, wants, and all the things we really don't need are just weights that hold us down.
And don't forget..
Nothing can hold how uniquely different we are from one another! 
Everyone is unique!
Everything has become an image that is perceived by imagination. What the eyes see and the ears hear, your mind electrifies!
A construct, an idea that we so willingly believe that turns into belief and devotion to something that is mystical. Aren't we mystical beings doing unimaginable things in this world? 
And yet those who have lived in harmony with the earth are either isolated or have been wiped out by those filled with greed! 
Everything is connected!
Everyone is connected! 
Once you realize what we are doing in this world you will see that there won't be enough time to change what we have started.

Sorry again for having the picture more than a little scattered but please enjoy...

Bye for now....

Loas


































































Chiang Mai


































India






























Loas




















Just outside Bangkok

India





1 comment:

  1. Traveling is always an adventure and the fun part is how you adapt. You have captured the essence of every culture both good and bad and the cool thing is all of these experiences are now apart of you permanently. I love living your experiences through your blog and photos.

    ReplyDelete