Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Japanese tour: Tokyo for a day, Kyoto, and Hiroshima. 7/1-7/7

So I hopped on my flight out of BKK first thing in the morning and arrived around 18:00ish into Tokyo at Narita airport. I then looked up some traveling ideas at the airport through their nice free wifi and found a place to stay for the night through hostel bookers.com. I then found the cheapest travel into Tokyo city via the limited express Keisei line train that reaches Nippori in around a hour for 1,000y which equals 10us and got to my hostel around 22:00. I hung out there for just a night because I thought it was pretty expensive, 25us which found out is the standard, and I also wanted to head south with the time I had to see Kyoto with also Hiroshima in mind. 
The next day I headed out into Akihabara because I looked up climbing gyms and wanted to get some exercise after I've been sitting around recovering for quite sometime. 
I then found some wifi through the local JR train stations free wifi and found a night bus, WillerExpress, from Tokyo to Kyoto for 3200y which isn't bad because travel and accommodation are interlinked with how expensive it is in Japan. I then got into Kyoto and found an amazing hostel called Santiago for only 1800y a night that was like staying in a five star hostel with curtains on each bed, a mini not super bright light, and a power charging small locker. 
I hung out there for a couple days and would recommend buying an all day bus pass for 500y which goes everywhere throughout the city including the golden temple which costs 400y. 
After the two days there I hopped on another bus that wasn't a interlink overnight, WillerExpress, for 3200y to Hiroshima that landed me in around 23:00. So I had a hostel booked at Hana hostel right near the JR Hiroshima station for 2500y which was worth every penny as well because they had a bath tub and had the nicest staff working there giving you directions to wherever you wanted to go. 
The next day I set out around the city and was anamored to be in one of the two cities in the world where human casualties where lost due to a nuclear weapon. At first I was very heartfelt and couldn't believe what happened because I am totally against nuclear weapons but in the end I came to a conclusion of this is what had to happen to bring the pacific to liberation and really stop the Japanese in their tracks from all the horrible things they did in the past. Arguments can go all over the place on this one but it is something that happened and we can't change the ed on that happen. So after the dome, memorial, and the statue built for the girl who wanted to build 1,000 paper cranes before she died, which her classmates then finished for her, sadness, I set out to look at a castle. The castle wasn't much so I headed back near the hostel to then heading out on another Willer Express overnight 3200y bus to Kyoto and since I already saw that I hoped on the bullet train, which is something I would say you have to do once in a lifetime, Shinkansen to Tokyo. 

Some thoughts:

You'll find me staring at something still standing after it faced a horrible blast of heat and radiation. 
I look at it and am so appalled at how something could be still standing after such a tragedy. In the meantime I see generations of people are lost in a blink of an eye and I feel the overwhelming sadness of how this could happen to all the people around me. But then I realize in order to bring people together on the same page casualties have to be high and a shake of something so horrible must be used. 

I wish the past could be rewritten but things are always meant to be and how we handle them makes us who we are as a world today. So think about how we can better this world and try something that stands out from the norm and more like something that stands for the human race itself.

The pictures are finally organized, muahahaha maybe mini me would be proud?


Bye for now....





BKK's amazing sunrise
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Keisei line from Narita to Nippori, 1,000y.

Poop shoes
Akihabara Be Pump climbing gym
Akihabara electric district, a quick look around.


Location: Kyoto

Big nose

The Golden Temple that was rebuilt from someone accidentally burning it down.


Kyoto skyline Panaroma
Kyoto Castle grounds
CHANCE
Getting close to Inari.
Sending your wish out to be heard and it can be anything you want.
Oh rain.
Just do it the right way so you don't crap everywhere.

Location: Hiroshima
The dome and some cute students who might not really know what they are doing there.
Paper cranes in honor for a girl who had radiation from the bomb fallout and wanted to make 1,000 cranes before she died and unfortunately her class mates finished it for her.
Peace memorial, fire that will burn till the last nuclear bomb is destroyed, and the dome.
Before August 6th.
The day of the bombing.
8:15am kaboom.
Nuclear warheads in the world.
It didn't hit the ground it exploded over the city making a sky blast of damage.



A city built from the ashes.
The sun is always shining.


1 comment:

  1. Seeing is believing!!!
    All that you have seen and what you bring away from every city you visit is now a part of you. The history of each country, the experiences you are having and what you bring back is going to be with you forever. AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete