Tuesday, March 19, 2013

3-16 Tasmania Tour: Outer quick drive around Hobart

I flew into the Hobart area early Saturday morning on the first flight arriving around 8 and I didn't have any plans of going anywhere or anything set in stone sort of speak. I was a little under the weather and my nose was running on/off like a broken faucet. I also couldn't really concentrate on one thing or the other very well due to my head feeling like it was expanding. I took a bus from the airport to the main city which is about 20 minutes either bus (17au) or taxi (40au), which both will drop you wherever you need to go to in the main centre. The one plan I did have was getting a rental car at 1030 and it was about nine at the time so I went down to the salamanca market that only happens every Saturday from 8-4 roughly. If you come to Tasmania and are near Hobart on a Saturday, it is something worth checking, if your into fresh veggies and fruit or hand crafts to books in between clothes.
Grabbed the car from rentforless and head off not knowing where to go, side note: the airport has maps and brochures that you can grab when leaving the place which I did grab (North)Never Eat Soggy Waffles maps of the whole island, or without a care of where the road might take me.
So I drove around Hobart checking out the city and headed a little up north to Bridgewater deciding I should see my friend after my head was still feeling weird and my nose then started to drain full on. Met up with her and she nicely offered me to stay where she was staying and gave me the hotel key. I got to the place and passed out from 5pm to 7am the next morning which we then grabbed some brekkie.

































No comments:

Post a Comment