Thursday, March 21, 2013

3-20 Tasmania Tour: A day in the Hobart Area

Woke up this morning and had a huge headache that kept me from thinking of getting out to see the south part of Tasmania down the Huon trail. So I persevered and when I got to Huonville my headache was gone, but funny enough I got tired of driving and went all the way down there to convince myself to turn around. I did get some amazing shots while i was down there and made it back to a stunningly blue sky. I really didn't want to do anything when I was driving back, but I then saw a sign for Mt. Wellington and decided what the hell I mine as well try to keep this mind busy. On my way up I realized that it's the biggest mountain in the area and that I've seen it before covered in clouds. The pinnacle has the best views of the city that overlook kilometers in the distance from Watergate to Port Arthur and Bruny Island to Kensington. It was pretty cool up there and has similar geological spitting rock from the ground as the formation of Cradle Mountain.
After that I wondered if there was a local Library I could pit stop at and miraculously found it driving down Murray street when I stopped at the light perpendicular to Bathurst. It has free parking for ten small spots if your lucky and wimpy 500mgb before they cut you off free wifi per day. Got bored after that knee kick and kept thinking about going to South Arm, very thin straight of land in between two beaches on the other side of the bridge heading away from Hobart and closer to Sorrel. I eventually made the decision short after the wifi took my days work of going through photos to post and when I got there I said: wow it looked so much more interestingly enjoyable from the top of Mt. Wellington. The beaches were nothing special and on the one side facing Antarctica there was tiny waves with a huge ok looking sand bar and on the other side was a dry long walk along sand to flat water that I wasn't really interested in investing more time either. So after expecting something spectacular and not knowing what to do I headed back and saw a fitness center on the outskirt of Hobart city when coming over the bridge from Bellarive. At this point I was in need for an endorphin fix after I'd been driving 1200km+ for 5 days straight, recovering from a nasty bug, taking over a 1,000 photos, and having a weird kinda wanting to do something day. Got in for an amazingly cheap gym price of 7.40au and ran 2km+ in 11min, biked 4km+ in 6min, lifted for 45min doing a routine mad and I used to do with adding in some stretching in between and a foam roll at the end. I then got into my nice comfortable blue nut hugger and swam 1300m in 25min to then seeing a steam room for maybe a little sweat therapy? After the steam I then did some hot sauna cold shower therapy to flush out any lactic acid. I know seems and sounds like a lot but you would be surprised how far you can push your body when you have a mental drive for taking care of it while the endorphins give your mind a little clearing.
My philosophy of taking care of your body is 65% diet and 35% exercise. The diet part consists of no dairy, red meat limited to once a month, 20 grams or more of white meat, lots of greens, if you have a juicer USE IT, 1-2 avocados, lots of fruit in the morning, 3-4 liters of water depending on how you feel, and a manuka honey scoop to help wash down 4 capsules filled with organic spirulina, chlorella, barleygrass, alfalfa with basic minerals/vitamins as well, and all of that daily. The other part is the 35% exercise of running, biking, lifting, swimming, and tons of stretching to get your muscles warmed up for abuse.
Start slowly by working your way into it like a gradual hill that keeps progressing upwards till your in a full swing of 100%. Also find what balances your lifestyle because everyone is different and feel free to tweak the idea to your own liking of a healthy diet/exercise with knowing your body's limits.

Enjoy the daily photos!

Cause the ceiling can't hold us, my love my love my love, but shit it was 99 cents - Macklemore and Ryan Lewis



































No comments:

Post a Comment