Thursday, March 21, 2013

3-18 Tasmania Tour: Liffey Falls to the Northwest and ending up at Cradle Mountain

After a long night in the cold I rose up to a frosty morning of gazing at an amazing waterfall surrounded by dense bush. Trying to heat up through the shivering cold I hoped back in my Suzuki Alto, the solo sax traveler, in the direction towards the main city Devonport on the one with a hope to find a 7.2 Li ion charger because my camera just died and I must have left the original charger at home when I had more than excitement. Got there quickly and luckily found an electronic store called leading edge electronics that had a nice universal charger that charges through car or wall plug for a USB cable and a 7.2 Li ion battery at the same time. At the time it was quite ironic because all of my electronics were almost dead and they needed some juice to refuel. So I decided to stop for a bit and headed down to the beach which turned into Mersey Point. Mersey point is a very scenic nice area to camp or park your minivan and has an up to date facility that houses hot shower bathrooms. After the good recharge of gadgets and a clean of the car situation I decided to head off along A2 to the North coast which leads to Stanley's Nut top. Along the way I stopped off in Burnie to check out some art that I saw along the highway. The art was all centered around the paper factory of the town and they where made out of huge granite props with black and white pictures telling you the story behind the Pulp creators of paper. I find it very fascinating that paper has been such a huge thing in building humanity to grow with communication, inner knowledge, studies, writings, and endless examples that everyone uses. I find this place to be very memorable because it reminded me that without paper there would be no groundwork for writing and printing, but I still think we should move forward into getting rid of paper through electronics and turning it into electronic data paper. I took that second of turning the page and deciding that it was time to travel farther in my book.
I made a stop here and there for a good photo before arriving at the Nut located on the out skirt of not only Stanly but the North west tip of Tasmania.
400 meters of hiking up along side a lift that also goes to the top, rather exercise than sit on a tiny lift, of the small plateau/hill are amazing views that span 360 degrees with a radial view of hundreds of kilometers out. I ran down the hill with my eyes satisfied and ready to continue more of the journey ahead. On the way out I saw an information help place that might help with finding where Cradle Mountain is because i couldn't find it on the map all day. I talked with the help lady and she pointed me in the right direction. She also told me, after i said: I'm planning on heading down the B22 which turns into the C249 of the west coast is that a good area?, that back road down the west coast was closed due to construction and in that moment I said back: it doesn't hurt to ask someone who knows more about the place than you when you could've had to come a bit of a ways back thats out of your budget range. I told her thank you for all your help and decided to head to Cradle Mountain for a nice cold car sleep. I hoped back on the A3 and saw what I'd seen before completely differently from the opposite side of the road. Have you ever realized that things look widely different going the opposite way? On the way I stopped in at Wynyard, rather than driving past it like before, to see the tulip fields and when I got to them it was the wrong time of the season. I guess timing doesn't work all the time? I did get some elevated photos from the top thats down the street from the tulip farm in the meantime.
After that I drove down the B26 to the A10 that took me through all different types of forests and down huge straights of road with ever so tall tree's along the side called Murchison Highway.
Took a stop at a pit stop to throw on my long johns, pants, long sleeve, sweat shirt, and my marmot jacket again because i knew that this night was going to be colder than the one before. Made it in to the information park center that says no camping, in my head: I'm not camping, I'm just skeeping in my car, while the moon was slowly waxing its crescent light like the night before but the fingernail grew more this time and cold started to creep in.

You will find me sitting on an edge overhanging 50 meters of deadfall while I gaze off into the ocean and calm my mind to the oceans stillness. I am at peace knowing that if this rock decides to give way I will be happy with what I have done on this earth and how far I have come to understanding all the different aspects of life. In this moment I've let go of everything on my mind and just let the silence take me away into pure tranquility. I hope you find your inner peace on a day that suits you the best.

Do you know how everyone says its the same old story? Well I've heard that one so many times its turned into a book!

Again not much music this time just some old podcasts brought to you by Above and Beyond.

YouTube is unavailable but something you should check out is a Macklemore and Ryan song called my love i think. The song is amazingly well written just like all of his others and the music video is very heart felt as well.

















































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment