Thursday, March 21, 2013

3-19 Tasmania Tour: Cradle Mountain Summit to most of the center West ending back in Hobart

I slowly came alive after a toss and turn at one am, four am, and seven am from the negative Celsius degree that the mountains provided me. I remember turning on the car to heat up my legs more than once and when the sun was out it still was hard to warm up from the super cold. I drove up the road and entered the Cradle Mountain park to decide which trail I should take. The sky was a little cloudy and there was a misty overhang that wrapped around the mountain itself. I eventually pushed out of the car hoping to warm up by running up whatever trail went upward and wrote down dove circuit, which wraps around the lake at the base of the mountain, but I saw someone before me write: summit. So I decided what the hell its probably amazing up there and headed in the direction of that person. Heading out on the trail I took some pics and then started the incline jog that lead me to the amazing individual who wrote summit. We exchanged some words of hello that lead into a some very amazing conversation and we ended up on a trek to the very top. Every corner that presented itself kept getting better and better visually with more views of lakes, ponds, clouds, forestry, and streams flowing into the lakes.
When Rene, the person who wrote summit and a short description about him is an Austrian traveler who loves mountains/wilderness as much as I do, and I got to the summits bottom part it was a little misty overcasting the mountain. We had some doubts about being trapped up there without seeing in front of ourselves but when we kept moving farther up it started to get clearer with an occasional overcast cloud here and there. When we reached the top we took some panoramic pictures and said: wow this is amazing! The clouds cleared up for a minute and we both said: should we take this window to get back down without the rocks being slippery? Why not!
On the way down we saw a cute biologist girl from Berkeley who was super talkatively nice and was doing some data on skinks, lizards. By the time we got to the bottom of the summit trail the clouds had cleared and the Cradle presented itself to us for the first time. We then headed down the face trail which ended up in our separation due to me going a million miles an hour and Rene wanting to take it easy on the knees. Such a cool person to meet and I had such an amazing time talking with while we were enjoying ourselves. I then cruised along the trail and wanted to make it back to the car around one so I could see more of the west with the time I had. I cruised along the dove lake trail that i first put down on the log book passing old people, get out of the way geeze, and tourist groups that i despise wasting time over unless its family. Why waste your time with a group of twenty people who you don't know when you can go where you want and at your own pace?
Got to the car park and bolted out on my way to see more of the country along the A10.
Corner after corner lead into breathtaking scenery of amazing plaines, tree's, mountainzzz, lakes, a mining pit filled with green turquoise water, and a waterfall filled with dense moss forestry in between a water propelled electricity plant.
I took it all in and when I got to Hamilton the energy of dry plaines flowed over me with dancing dry grey tree's in vast open yellow hills. That area reminded me of Daylesford on steroids and I came to the conclusion of heading back to Hobart for another amazing knee bending crooked sleep in the Alto.

You'll find me on the top of a rock that sits very close to the very top of a mountain that overlooks more than several lakes next to ridged mountains and beautiful dense forestry. I'm not sharing this solo experience alone and the person I'm with is as calm as I am. We both stare into the vast depths of incredible scenery and share this moment for it may never happen again.

Enjoy the pics there's hundreds!

Another day of barely any music including Blackmill's soundtrack Miracle and the occasional radio catching a signal playing Macklemore and Ryan - this is the moment.




























































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment