Thursday, March 21, 2013

3-17 Tasmania Tour: Hobart to the East coast with half of the North

So after a good nights of rest and a great breakfast I headed out deciding to hit the east coast first. I took the A3 all the way up passing through Sorell, Orford, Tribunna, Swansea, Bicheno, Scamander, St. Helens to a dirt back road called B843, Ansons Bay, Gladstone to the B82, Tomahawk, Bridport to the A8, Launceston to Carrick on the B54 to the C513 to Liffey, and finally ending up at Liffey falls that turned into the C513.
All of it is more than amazing and I regret going to Coles bay which leads to the Freycinet Peninsula and also going to the Bay of Fires conservation area off the A3.
When I got to Tomahawk i hoped out of the car and threw some swim trunks on for a nice cold dip, ahhmazing.
Between Bridport and Georgtown is amazing forestry that definitely looks man/woman planted considering how perfectly spaced in line the tree's are. Launceston was another highlight because the town is situated very similar to Hobart but has a younger feel of energy in the atmosphere.
Lastly I arrived to Liffey falls, which says no camping, late in the dawn wondering where I'm going to park and sleep in the car, crazy? I drove up to the parking lot and decided to check out the forestry in the pitch dark with the help of my Black Diamond head lamp. Walking around alone is subliminally amazing and I got to see a couple wallabies jumping around in the bush as well. I ran back to the car with a hope that there wasn't a ranger there waiting to say: what are you doing? Luckily it was just me and the good old imagination of worry. I decided to head down the hill where there was a little parking lot that had no signs saying anything with no sleeping in the car. Turned off the engine and threw my long johns, jeans, long sleeve, sweat shirt, and marmot jacket on cause i knew in that moment the river eight meters away was going to make it a cold night. After a toss and turn trying to find a good sleeping position I finally dosed off waking up to a super cold 4am morning that made me grab a pair of shorts to stuff in my hoodie and a t to wrap around my face. I've been a wilderness Utah man all my life and knew that sleeping in a plastic thin glass box was going to get very cold but I still carried on with it even though I was unprepared.

You'll find me surrounded by tree's taller than buildings and the ground is covered by mossy leaves. The stream runs quieter than a drip of water and the rocks stay so ever still. The light is only as bright as a star gazillions of kilometers away and the wind sways the sky across the sky like a swipe of your finger across the touch screen. The moon is a fingernail sliver of waxing crescent hanging secretly between the branches telling me that this moon will be remembered for life and that life's memories are so precious to the human will to live. Find your memory that burns into your brain and hold onto it forever so you can tell others what you experienced

Enjoy the photos!

Mostly silence and old music including:
Tweak on your nipple, Sun to me, Not going home - by Fauthless
Sunset, Night time, Crystalised - by
The Xx































































No comments:

Post a Comment