Sunday, April 7, 2013

3-30/4-2 Sydney

After a nice quick flight from Brisbane to Sydney I headed out on the train to kings cross to meet up with my friend Kevin Chan and a German backpacker named Thor. With about a couple hours of sleep in the last 48 hours I decided what the hell we can go out and check the scene considering the streets were filled with tons of people. If you have never been to Kings Cross it is a young persons paradise for partying. With over hundreds of clubs, lounges, bars, hidden weird bars, semi cheap hostels, and 24hr fast food scattered all over. When I first went there I thought it was Amsterdam mixed with London, but now I think it's got a little Vegas in there as well with how superficial everyone is and how everyone is getting over wasted partying. After the four hours of being out I couldn't think of much do to but wanting sleep and there was no drinking this night it would've put me in a comma. So I headed back and the two decided to head out to Kings Cross Hotel. Woke up the next day around 2 in the afternoon, which I was like what? No way? Because I can't ever sleep in anymore due to all the anxiety of wanting to learn, see, hear and move to something new. I got Kevin up for some coffee and I don't think Thor got up till like 5 which by that time we, Kevin and I, had gone to the store to make some things for dinner. What we had for dinner was a nice chicken wrap with hummus and lots of greens. I then made some changes on my upcoming flights to stay an extra day and then decided to go out on the town for some good house music. Kevin lives right down from the World Bar and so I headed there because I remember the last time I was there there was four floors of whatever music you liked with some dancing as well. I got there and it was a little slow but then picked up and I found myself listening to some really good house/dub step crazy music. I enjoyed it and decided that I was a little tired so I headed back for some R and R. The next day wasn't much but we rented Brave, animation Pixar film about a keltic girl who wants to find her own way and not the way of what her mom wants her to be/find, and it was actually a very amazing film with a heart felt story. After that got some rest before the big flight out to New Zealand and packed up all my gear.

Some thoughts:

You'll find me surrounded by people dancing in the dark light room to a beat that pulsates through my veins and shocks my brain for which makes me feel high off the sounds. I am content and follow the rhythm of the sound that others find through the liquid that affects the brains judgment. I don't ever think that what people do is wrong and I never try to change anyone's decision. I understand that what I feel is purely up to me and I love what I am feeling now. I hope you find your rhythm in whatever you do and know that time is just whizzing by effortlessly so don't waste

Cheap 48hr Sydney travels by Julian Loyola

I would have to say that if your looking to have fun on a busy weekend night and want to go to the best places your going to have to pay a service fee of 10-25au. I don't recommend doing that because you may be dissatisfied and find the drinks to be expensive as well. So what I recommend is that you head to the Oxford art factory on Oxford street for the same kinda dance music side or other music side of the place, when I mean other sides, I mean the place is two bars and two dance floors split by a wall in between. There is no service fee at the art galley and it is always busy. For a hidden weird bar that has game hanging all over the walls and feels like a dark Steve Irwin adventure then head over to Shady Pines Saloon on Crown St. and Foley. For a great view and usually never a service charge but sometimes 10 dollars go to Kings Cross Hotel right in the center of Kings Cross kitty corner to the giant Coca Cola sign.
For some great hostels to stay I would recommend Zing backpackers for 26au a night located right on Victoria street, Eva's backpackers for 31au night, including hi-speed wifi, tea and coffee, and linen, which is located off Victoria street and up Orwell a little, and Chili Blue backpackers for 22au located on Victoria St. and offering similar services of free Wifi, breakfast tea and coffee, linen, but a little but louder than the other two.
For some grubs I would recommend going to Coles and buying some greens for 3 dollars, bag of Avocados for 4, whole chicken for 9au, and all other great deals on cheap healthy ideas. For the going out grubs I would say head over to China town for Mamak Malaysian food that is cheap and also filled with flavor. Location: 25 globe point rd and trading hours are mon-sun 1030am to 11pm with one person running under 20au without drinks. Another favorite spot right in kings is JuJu Japanese restaurant offering amazing sushi to thinly sliced beef tartare. Location: 82-94 Darlinghurst rd. and trading hours night only from 6;30pm to 11:30pm with one person running under 20au without drinks.
For getting around town I would recommend buying a student day pass from the machine if you have id, just in case, or pretending your a senior citizen for a 2.50au day pass, not recommended, that both will take you anywhere via bus, train, and boat.

Bye for now









No comments:

Post a Comment