Saturday, April 13, 2013

4-7 The New Zealand Tour South Island: Castle Hill to the West coast and ending up at Franz Josef

I woke up this morning to a very cold car thinking that it had to have been -2 degree Celsius last night and its slowly starting to warm up now. While sitting here in the car watching the sun slowly come up and peer over the Castle Hill valley I have decided it is time to get out for a cold climb. Took some pictures and climbed a bit before heading back on the 73 for an adventure down the coast on motorway six to Franz Josef Glacier. Upon my arrival into the town which is very small I decided that I should take a nap and rest up for a bit before heading out again. I was so tired that I slept all the way through half the day and woke up at night still tired so I slept to it was morning.

Bye for now...

Some thoughts:

You'll find me sitting on the highest boulder of the land and looking out to a beautiful sun ring in the sky. Its so quiet I can't even hear my own breath and I wonder if anyone has ever felt this way. I move slowly down the face of the rock matching my breath to my movement and know that falling is not going to happen. When I get to the bottom I realize that it's more than just the climb, but a breakthrough in my minds ability to relax in a situation that presents so much anxiety, harm, pain, and fear.
I hope you find yourself facing your fear when your at a vulnerable point of time in your life and look at it with a smile knowing you'll overcome it with ease.









































No comments:

Post a Comment