Sunday, April 7, 2013

4-2/4-3 The New Zealand Tour North Island: Auckland, Waitomo, and Rotorua

So after a nice flight from Sydney I arrived inti what they call the land of The Lord of the Rings. Before picking up my new friend Thor from Germany that I just met in Sydney through Kevin at Auckland international Airport, I picked up a Nissan Sunny four door rental car at Apex which has the cheapest deals for 33nz a day, got some food with a 15liter water jug at a store just outside the airport that has the same sign as Woolworths in Australia but is called Countdown, headed into the city of Auckland, and found free wifi at Right Track Sports Cafe on Fort St. near Queen St. After a couple hours of some researching I headed out to pick up Thor but my car was in a car park that the garage was shut, I said: "how am going to pick up Thor now?" Then luckily someone came walking bye saying: "you waiting for me?" And alakasham the door opened and I said: "thank you so much I didn't know what I was going to do besides paying 50nz for someone to come open the door". I rushed to the airport and drove past the terminals not seeing Thor so i parked the car and ran inside. Running through people I got to the arrival terminal and didn't see his flight on there but then looked to my left and there he was! We then rushed to the car because it was on a ten minute time constraint before being charged 15nz. We laughed and I told him the story of what happened with the car in the garage. Then we made it into town and got some food near the free wifi spot at a truck called The White Lady before finding a spot to sleep for the night. We drove around for a bit and found a nice neighborhood to park the car for some sleep. We then woke up checking out the city differently from how I saw it the day before and grabbed some goods at another store similar to Coles called New World. Saw some cool streets filled with tons of shops that included Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and all the world fashion designers. We then thought it was time to head out and on the way we saw a Information-site that could help us finding what to see. when we got there we asked an older man what to see and he pointed us in the Waitomo caves, Rotorua, Lake Taupo, and Tongariro National Park with the three and half days we have.
The Waitomo were amazingly glowy and had very cool creepy looking caves that went down to the other side of the mountain. We then drove over to rotorua just as it was getting dark and ate some tuna wraps at a Mcdonalds before Thor got disgusted seeing fat people bring their kids in and out of the place. I found it gross as well because they eat crap, look like crap, and then are going to feed their kids the same crap. We then headed into town to check out a good place to park the car for a safe sleep and in the meantime found that the whole city has free wifi due to the gov spending 60,000nz on it. We got a little distracted and then i thought of taking a shower at a hostel we passed on the way in called YHA. After scoping the place out we snuck in and had a nice hot shower before heading out to use the wifi again. while we were using the wifi in the town at around 1045pm we got hassled by some Maori, indigenous people, kids asking us for a dollar than asking us if we had been to prison. I was like we are out of here and got to a place to sleep that was right next to some stinking sulphur hot pools which didn't smell that bad because we where a couple hundred meters away.

Some thoughts:

You'll find me on a boat in a cave that is pitch black unless you look up you'll see what you think is the stars but is actually a glowworm that is releasing chemicals to produce light and spaces itself perfectly apart from its friends making what my imagination portrays as a scorpion or lion. I think to myself this crazy and want to lay on the water looking up as if I was on a hillside laying down in the grass looking at the stars ever so bright in the sky. Wherever you find darkness you will find the light and whatever your imagination makes the stars to be they will lead you back home or into your memories.

Bye for now




































No comments:

Post a Comment