Monday, April 15, 2013

4-14 The New Zealand Tour South Island: Golden Bay, Farewell spit, Wharariki beach, and Nelson.

After a nice sleep in a bed I got up to make some left overs and also stumbled upon a conversation about a beach called Wharariki. Two gentleman staying at the hostel where talking about the beach and how you can play with baby fur seals. I was super intrigued and asked where this beach was. One of the gentleman showed me on a map where it is and also explained that you need to be very calm for about twenty minutes before trying to play with the seals so they can get adjusted to you. I told Rena and we, her and I, ate some food, charged up some things, cleaned up the car, looked up some Internet searching, and then head out to check out the farewell spit with also the intent of heading to the Wharariki beach after. The drive along the 60 to the Collingwood-Pupinga Main road was very nice and didn't have as many crazy turns as the one from Motueka to Takaka. We arrived at the Spit and walked all the way down to almost the end before running out of time to see the seals during low tide. The beach of the Spit is seashell land and when your walking down the beach it's very hard not to crunch down on more than a few shells. At around five thirty we made it over the dunes to the amazing Wharariki beach and walked along a huge sand bar ending up at a small pool filled with baby fur seals jumping out of the water playing with joy. We sat for a bit before playing with them and got a few amazing panarama sunset pics as well. We then walked out in amazement and drove off to Nelson in search for a good place to park for the night.

Bye for now...

Some thoughts:

You'll find me starring at an animal who keeps Coming up to me and trying to nibble at my feet. I keep wanting to jump in with them and swim away but don't want to familiarize them too much with humans. I can't really believe what is going on in the moment and when I leave this place there is the most amazing sunset I've seen in a long time. I feel pure bliss when I just got an amazing view of an animal so close to me and also our sun putting on a show.
I hope you find something that feels completely out of this world and you remember ill till that one day you tell your grand kids or your friends grand kids this amazing story that makes their eyes light up brighter than a skylight.

For my video of the seals on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTgc3lgENOo

But it might just be easier looking up jubean16 on YouTube or google jubean16 and it will pull up all my videos and youtube channel















































No comments:

Post a Comment