Saturday, April 13, 2013

4-8 The New Zealand Tour South Island: Franz Josef Glacier, Fox Glacier, everything between, and Wanaka.

After a great 14 hour sleep I snarled my up and snuck into a Hostel for a nice hot shower to clean up my sweatiness from the car. On the way out of town I headed to the Franz Josef glacier and was told to only go up to a certain point due to the glacier not being as big or as good as the Fox glacier that is located down the road. The person was right and when I got to the Fox glacier it was purely amazing to be the first full glacier I've seen in this lifetime. After the small run up take a photo shot and run back I headed back down the coast via M6 to Wanaka. Took some photos in between and saw a frenchman at the blue water pools, then at the neck between Lake Hawea and Lake Wanaka, and then at the New World grocery in the town of Wanaka without saying: are you following me man? I wasn't thinking to much at that point due to the hungry belly and Walked over to Lake Wanaka for a nummy dinner of chicken salad with a beautiful view. After the grub sesh I headed down the road to the information center to buy a ticket for the biggest bungee jump in Queenstown then went into town in search for a laundromat and instead found another YHA hostel that has washer and dryers as well. I walked in and asked the front desk very nicely for some change and washed my clothes while charging the digital devices. While sitting in silence I saw a cool topographic map that showed me the area of Wanaka and I saw Roy's Peak that looks like it would give me a great view of both lakes high up. I decided that the hike to the peak in the morning before the drive to Queenstown for the bungee was the plan and then grabbed my warm clothes, devices, and found a nice dark place to sleep for the night.

Bye for now...

Some thoughts:

You'll find me eating at park bench that overlooks an amazing view of a lake and mountains surrounding ever so tall. I feel as if I am not far from home and that I am at the dinner table looking at the ones I love with the same smile I have in this moment. I realize that everything is so close and my imagination can take me where I want to be.
I hope you find that your smile goes farther than you think and that your imagination takes you somewhere close to home.





































































No comments:

Post a Comment