Monday, April 15, 2013

4-13 The New Zealand Tour South Island: Motueka, Abel Tasman, and Golden Bay.

After a nice car sleep in the neighborhood of Motueka we,Rena and I, headed out to the Abel Tasman in the pouring rain and hoped for some good weather. When we got there the rain stopped barely letting the sun peek through the clouds and we decided to walk 14km to Anchorage Bay and then run the 14km back. When we made it back to the car the rain had found us again and it started to throw giant water beads onto the windshield while the car was warming up. I decided we should go to the the Golden Bay in search for a hot shower and a warm meal at a hostel. So we hoped on the Riwaka-Marahau road to the 60 which goes up a winding road to the top of a mountain then down the other side winding again. We arrived into town, Takaka or Golden Bay, and found a SMALL YHA to make food with maybe a shower after. While cooking a blonde German girl came around the corner saying: "where'd you two come from" and we replied: "we came through the back and are so hungry we started cooking before looking for you". She said: "are you wanting to stay here tonight?" and we replied with "of course!" Our luck had run out and our hunger didn't think about how small the hostel was so we decided to finally sleep in a bed for once. We finished making our food and hoofed it down before watching Heartbreaker on Netflix. We then sprawled out giving our knees a break from bending and passed right out.

Bye for now...

Some thoughts...

You'll find me running along a trail full of dense greenery and black moss that crawls over a whole five meter area. I feel as if I am lost in the trees and the water falling along the mountain echoes though my ears like crackles of popcorn. This is the moment I feel at home and when I'm alone in the beautiful nature of the earth is where I feel most enlightened. I also feel as if I could fall down the side of the hill and turn into a mist that washes through the ocean. I've let go of being human and I have surrendered my mind to be here NOW.
I hope you find your path in life and I hope you find that letting go of what holds you down is the most peaceful thing you can bring into your life as well.






























1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete